Saturday, June 28, 2008

Introductory Meme aka Mini Challenge 1

Well, I haven't started reading yet (lunch is at 1:30) but I can do my first mini challenge right? Right.

Where are you reading from today?

The break room at work, and then my house in Arlington VA. If it cools down enough tonight, some reading will be don in the hannock.

3 facts about me …

I'm tall (5' 8.5")
I like to take baths and read in the bathtub.
Even though I'm a librarian, I still spend all my money on books and have more books than shelving.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

Um... 50+ Not that I'll touch them. I'm hoping to make a good dent in the Alice McKinley series (of which there are 23, but I've already read 3, and the latest book isn't in yet...) But I have others for backup in case Alice starts to annoy me or something... lots and lots of books.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Based on how I did for the 48 hour challenge, I'm hoping to go the full 24 hours (but because of work, that'll be, like 18 hours). I'm aiming for 10 books.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

I didn't do this one last year, but based on other challenges... have finger food ready, do some jumping jacks when you get sleepy, make sure you have plenty of coffee, drink lots of water, if you're not getting into a book, or if it's slow, put it down and pick something else up. You can always pick the other book back up on Monday!

Reading Derby has the challenge!

5 comments:

Ana S. said...

It's definitely a good idea do have lots of choices. I hope you make a big dent on that pile!

Wendy said...

I'm tall too : ) 5'8" and I also did the 48 hour challenge! Good luck with this one.

trish said...

I like the jumping jacks idea. I'm not participating but I still might need to do that! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the Alice McKinley series!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm 5'8 1/2" and I'm a librarian, too. Good luck with your reading!