Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hour 48

Hours read/blogging: 42 Hours

Number of books read: 19.25 books

Number of pages read: 4364

Well, at hour 48 I'm a little more than 1/4 of the way through Alice in Blunderland by Phylis Reynolds Naylor.

I'm also incredibly sleepy. In the past 48 hours, I got 5 consecutive hours of sleep. I got another 30 minutes taken in random instances of dozing off (about 5-10 minutes each) plus there was another 30 minutes of random cooking, laundry, and trying to put the duvet cover back on the duvet.

Anyway, I'm off for a nap. Tomorrow I'll do a rap-up post, going a little further in depth on some of the books I read, adding pictures and links, and spoiler pages for when I need to rant and rave about endings...

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

11 comments:

Abby said...

Jennie, you are a superstar!! 42 hours?!?!? I am impressed!! Great job!

Jennie said...

Thanks. My brain no longer works. My reading at the end of really slow because I kept randomly dozing off or reading the same paragraph 7 times in a row...

But, I had so much coffee and tea to stay up now I'm having issues going to sleep...

And I'm a little slap-happy due to sleep deprivation...

MotherReader said...

Holy cow! I never expected anyone to break the 32 hour mark. You rock, and incidentally, YOU WIN!!! Congratuations!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Now THAT's dedication... and a little crazy ;)

Anonymous said...

You are a true bibliophile! ROCK ON and congratulations. Now get some sleep. :)

Postscript: I adore the Alice McKinley books by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor as well.

Unknown said...

Wow, oh wow. 42 hours? That's just amazing - and dedicated! Congratulations!

Susan said...

you are insane. but i am slightly jealous that you have a husband who apparently doesn't pester you about reading so much.

Kristi said...

That is some serious reading, right there.

MotherReader said...

Oh, and please sent me your address and preferred type of book - early chapter book, middle-grade or YA. My email is motherreader AT gmail DOT com. Thanks for playing!

Jennie said...

Thanks for the congratulations guys!

Lenore--I think it's more than a little crazy!

Slayground--Before this weekend, I had read 2 of the Alice books. Stay tuned, because I'll be working through them this month!

Susan--I cleared this weekend with Dan as soon as the dates were announced. Plus, he totally got into the competitive aspect of it.

That, and he was out of town for most of the weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

42 hours and 6479 pages?!?!! You rock! Big time.

Sheesh. I read and dozed a lot too but I counted it in my total if I had the book in my hand, lol.

Maybe next year, I will figure out a way to sleep less like my college days.