Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ready... Set...

What a great turn out for yesterday's Poetry Friday!

Well, the Read-a-Thon starts in 1.25 hours for me over on the East Coast.

So far, people have donated $33.34, plus $.11 for every page I read, $.06 for every hour I read, and $10.06 for every book I read.

There's still time to donate to support Reading is Fundamental-- a great organization that gives free books to kids. Kids need books. If you want to donate, just leave me a comment or shoot me an email at kidsilkhaze at yahoo dot com.

Anyway, until then... I'm just prepping for this week's storytime.

Also, I got my hair cut yesterday. Pictures will be forthcoming, but I lost a lot of length and now my head feels all unbalanced. But cute. :)

2 comments:

Eva said...

Good for you getting donations! I hate to ask for money, so I didn't bother with that. Hope you have fun reading today!

Ana S. said...

Good luck and have fun!