Friday, January 09, 2009

Poetry Friday



On Sunday, it will have been 6 years since Dan and I got married. It really doesn't seem like that long ago. This picture is from a Potomac Nationals (one of our local minor league baseball teams) game this summer that we went to with friends.

Today is Poetry Friday. Today I offer another song, this is one of the ones we sang during the ceremony. It's one of my favorites for cold winter nights.

Hearth and Fire
by Gordon Bok

Hearth and fire be ours tonight
And all the dark outside,
Fair the night, and kind on you
Wherever you may bide.

Chorus:
And I'll be the sun upon your head,
The wind about your face;
My love upon the path you tread
And upon your wanderings, peace.

chorus

Wine and song be ours tonight,
And all the cold outside;
Peace and warmth be yours tonight
Wherever you may bide.

chorus

Hearth and fire be ours tonight
And the wind in the birches bare;
Oh, that the wind we hear tonight,
Would find you well and fair.

chorus


Roundup is over at Picture Book of the Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the song posts.
This one makes me anxious for my hubby (of 17 years) to get home and build us a fire!
Happy anniversary!