Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Read-a-Thon


Y'all know how I feel about reading as a competitive sport (I will wipe the floor with you. Grrrrrrrr.)

Anyway, it is almost time for Dewey's Read-a-Thon. Dewey passed away this winter, but many of the projects she started in the blogging community are still going strong. As someone on the internet said, Dewey would kick us if we let the Read-a-Thon disappear.

This read-a-thon is going to start at noon GMT on April 18th and run until noon GMT on April 19th, so check your time zone chart to see when it starts for you.

I will be participating, but for more than 24 hours, given that on the 18th, I'm flying home from my European vacation, so that 24 hour period will last a lot longer in my world than in the normal world. I'll be reading on the plane anyway, so I might as well read-a-thon read! Expect bigger, thicker, books from me for this one, because I'm not lugging all my usual read-a-thon stack around England and Belgium. No siree bob. That's just not a good idea.

I hope you sign up, too!

2 comments:

Ana S. said...

You're participating even though you'll be travelling! You really ARE a ninja :D

Sean said...

Sounds like a job for a Kindle! I may or may not participate this time out. I had been hoping to be in Appleton with your folks that weekend for the Fox Cities Book Festival. Those plans are currently up in the air as I may be selected to travel for work through Thursday of that week. If that happens, I may still be able to head over to Wisconsin (I'm hoping that they'll let me book a return ticket that drops me off in Milwaukee). I'm hopeful!