Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jack is Back

This is how sick I was on Tuesday: I left work early and when I got home, I new that the new Jack of Fables had probably been delivered. I didn't even go into the kitchen to check, I didn't even ask Dan. I just went to bed. 20 hours later I located the box.

I'm feeling much better now and have the book all read!

Jack of Fables Vol. 5: Turning Pages

First, we get a 3 issue arc with Jack's Wild West adventures in 1883. The Jack Candle gang is wreaking havoc and Bigby has to come out from New York to stop him and drag Jack back to Fabletown. A fun adventure featuring my man Bigby, and helps to explain why the two don't really get along.

Then, we get back into the present. I think I was wrong in my previous review--the Bookburner is going to play a bigger role and the randomness of the last volume is maybe not so random. And, I have hope that what is coming will be part of the post-war story line for the regular Fables! They might meet back up again! I hope so!

This is me, eating my hat. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

I have a lot more to say about it, but it's spoilery, so read it here. I also figured out who Emily Wall is. Y'all probably got it right away, but it took me until the last frame. I'm slow sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I can't wait. I get to catch up on all my Fables & Jack reading next week!

Fyrefly said...

I must have been brain dead the first time I read it through, because it took me a good *three days* after finishing to figure out who the narrator was. *sigh*