Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This Month in the World of Jennie

Some super-awesome-fun things on my horizon:

Thursday I'm going to be at the Maryland Library Association's Kids Are Customers, Too! conference. I've gone the last few years and it's always fun with lots of great information and ideas. Also, I will help announce this year's winners of The Blue Crab Award and say goodbye to a year and a half's worth of committee work! It was fun though and I'm excited about our winners and just hoping that I remember to bring the Power Point slides. (They're already in my bag, so maybe I should instead hope that I remember which special pocket I put my thumb drive in?)

Then on Friday, we're having a Diary of a Wimpy Kid party at the library and then that night is the beginning of the Kidlitosphere Conference! Huzzah!

I'll be Kidlit-ing it up on Saturday as well, and am still soliciting questions about blogging issues and concerns for my panel discussion.

Also, kidlit on Sunday morning.

Back to work on Monday with a week that involves a school field trip (coming to the library) and my 9-12 year old book discussion club (we're reading some of the My Weird School books.) And an all-staff inservice day.

THEN! I'm off on Friday because Saturday brings us the most awesome Books for the Beast conference! (And a baby shower if I get back to town in time.)

Of course, wi'll I'm up booking the beasties, Dewey's 24-Hour-Read-a-Thon will start, so after the baby shower, I'll be curled up at home, reading madly.

*phew*

Things slow down after that. Kinda.

At least it's all things I'm very much looking forward too! I love October!

No comments: