Tuesday, October 20, 2009

KidLitCon!

It's kinda crazy how amazingly wonderful awesome this weekend was. Lots of good ideas and tips and inspiration. And gimlets. There were also lots of good gimlets.

I changed a few things in my FAQ and disclosure statements based on things I learned. I also learned how to add some text to every post to remind me about the things I always need or want to disclose. (I deleted it for this post though, because it wasn't relevant.)

The first two things were things I learned in panels and talks by fellow bloggers (and an FTC rep! Who was really nice and prepared and answered all our questions!) and the last was something I learned in just chatting.

I got to put faces with blogs and talk to this great community and just had a really good time.

And even after I fangirl squeeed all over Elizabeth Scott, she still got in a car that had me behind the wheel! MULTIPLE TIMES.

I should say more but I'm still processing a lot of it, and got thrown head first into some big things in real life (seriously, 4 conferences in 2 weeks is a little insane, even if they are all mostly awesome ones.)

The only bad thing is that now I can't NOT go next year.

One thing that was stressed was giving credit where credit is due, so a big round of applause for MotherReader for organizing such an awesome weekend.

Also, the theme across many panels was good advice for all--the internet is public and forever. Behave.

Oh, and on more thing, I apologize to all the out-of-towners. Monday and today have been absolutely gorgeous!

2 comments:

Liz B said...

I had a lot of fun in DC (even with the bad weather).

Melissa said...

I heard that about the weather. Sigh. I had a grand time meeting you, though.