Friday, October 02, 2009

SLJ Review

The new issue of School Library Journal is available online, as well as a review I wrote for them. (Scroll down to LASKY)

Hannah (Daughters Of The Sea) Kathryn Lasky

You'll have to click over to actually read it but basic thoughts: End is rushed but readers will like the main character.

Further thoughts (with slight spoilers): Hannah's true nature is blindingly obvious and I needed to her to discover it already so we could get on with the story. BUT! I really did like the Upstairs/Downstairs feel to most of the book as Hannah figures out how to be a good scullery maid and servant and the life of the servants and their view on the family. REALLY liked that aspect.

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I just came across your blog today, but I will be back again :)