Monday, November 05, 2007

That Old Black Magic...


If you have not yet started reading The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley, what is wrong with you?! READ IT! NOW! Because I desperately need to talk over the latest installment, Magic and Other Misdemeanors with someone. Seriously, if you have read this, contact me.

Wow. This book blows the others out of the water. A lot of the darker themes from the previous books (like the Scarlet Hand) really come to play here. Mayor Heart is taxing all non-Everafters (including the Grimms) out of Ferryport Landing. For, as Sheriff Nottingham says,

Ferryport Landing is an Everafter settlement... Too many outsiders have come in here, stealing our jobs, enjoying our hospitals and schools. But not for much longer. Mayor Heart has decreed, and I wholeheartedly agree, that Ferryport Landing is an Everafter town for Everafters!

Meanwhile, Charming is still missing and Snow White is heart broken. Baba Yaga, Glinda, and Morgen LeFey all have had something stolen, but Granny is too preoccupied with the taxes and leaves the case to Sabrina and Daphne.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Canis is having a harder and harder time controlling what literally is the beast within and there are some seriously odd rips in the space/time continuum.

The ending leaves a lot of answered questions and March seems too long to wait for Tales From the Hood

I have further, plot spoiling thoughts here.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Hopefully, it will arrive soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm only on the first book, so I'll hurry up and read the rest so we can chat!

Dana Watson said...

Oh no, I'm falling behind on my fables-related reading! I only just finished Fables: Sons of Empire, and now I need the new Jack and the new Sisters Grimm! Woe is me, too many good books to read.

Jennie said...

Thank you for hurrying! I really need to discuss this!