Friday, June 08, 2007

Hour 2.5

Hours into the challenge: 2.5
Hours spent reading/blogging: 2.5
# pages read: 131
# books read: 1 partial


Ok, I did my reading for class on Monday-- chapters 1 and 2 of Discovering Computers 2007: A Gateway to Information, Complete (Shelly Cashman Series) Shelly Cashman

I learned a lot. For instance, did you know that...

A blog, short for weblog, is an informal Web site consisting of time-stamped articles, or posts, in a diary or journal format, usually listed in reverse chronological order...Blogs reflect the interests, opinions and personalities of the author, called the blogger, and sometimes site visitors. According to a Web tracking company, more than 500,000 posts appear on blogs each day... Home users... use blogs to share aspects of their personal life with family, friends, and others...

I didn't either! And guess what!

You can use something called an e-mail program to create, send, receive, forward, store, print, and delete email messages.

I am shocked and amazed.

Fork, meet eye.

Much thanks to Ali for talking to me (using this amazing technology that you should try sometimes called instant messaging) to help me survive this. I was also going to do the reading for Wednesday, but that will not happen tonight. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday...

Onto fun reading!

No comments: