Monday, June 11, 2007

Challenge Wrap Up

I did the 48 Hour Challenge between 9pm Friday and 9pm Sunday.

During those 48 hours, I read and blogged for 26.5 hours.

During the time I wasn't reading, I slept, showered, attended a group meeting for school, and went over to a friend's house for dinner.

I finished reading 9 full books. I also read 2 chapters of my text book for school and started another book.

I read a grand total of 2,213 pages. That's 1.4 pages per reading minute! Or .77 pages per minute even including those I was sleeping for...

I reviewed the 9 full books I read, 3 other books that I read earlier and hadn't blogged yet but tied in with the books I was blogging about AND the 2 chapters I had to read for school.

I finished the following books:

The Mates, Dates Guide to Life, Love, and Looking Luscious Cathy Hopkins
The Year the Gypsies CameLinzi Glass
Heart and Salsa (S.A.S.S.) Suzanne Nelson
Now and Zen (S.A.S.S.) Linda Gerber
Spain or Shine (S.A.S.S.) Michelle Jellen
In the Cards: Love Mariah Fredericks
The Salem Witch Tryouts Kelly McClymer
Diary of a Fairy Godmother Esme Raji Codell
All I Want Is Everything (Gossip Girl, 3) Cecily von Ziegesar

I read 2 chapters of:

Discovering Computers 2007: A Gateway to Information, Complete (Shelly Cashman Series) Shelly Cashman

And the first 18 pages of:

Harriet Tubman, Secret Agent: How Daring Slaves and Free Blacks Spied for the Union During the Civil War Thomas R. Allen


The Year the Gypsies Came was the best book-- by far the most literary and well crafted...

but All I Want is Everything was probably my favorite...

I'll be cleaning up my weekend posts during the day!




I would have loved another vodka gimlet in that shot to celebrate the end, but sadly, we are out of vodka. After I took that, I made dinner. And had wine. And watched TV.

No comments: