Friday, January 08, 2010

Poetry Friday



Dan and I are celebrating our 7th anniversary on Monday, so of course I had to do a love poem today. And, we spent our honeymoon in Edinburgh, so I thought a Scottish one would be good. (The picture above is from our afternoon in Paris this fall. Over on the left, you can just see the top of the Eiffel Tower.)

O, my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly spring in June.
O, my luve is like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I,
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love,
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!

Robert Burns

3 comments:

mbpbooks said...

Happy Anniversary! The scent gets sweeter every year (we've been married 23!)

Abby said...

Happy anniversary, Jennie!!

Cathy said...

Aaaaw!So sweet.