Saturday, August 08, 2009

Challenge Update

It's a new month, so let's see how I'm doing on my various reading challenges (hint: NOT GOOD.)

Yes, I did just copy and past that sentence from last month.

Well, there's the TBR challenge, where I make a list of 12 books (and 12 backup) and read at least 12 by the end of the year. I'm still holding steady at 3.

Octavian Nothing II, Kingdom on the Waves
Frog Princess
High Fidelity

For the 1% challenge, I need to read 13 books by the end of the year. I've done 1.

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle

For the Buy Books Challenge, I need to buy and read 12 books by the end of the year.

I've purchased 23 and read 10!

Turning Pages
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Forever Princess

Frog Princess
Gold

Dead is So Last Year
Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover
Living Dead Girl
Diamond Secret
Harry Potter Should Have Died

For the Chunkster Challenge, I have to read 6 adult books of 450+ pages by the end of the year. I've done 1.

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle

There's the filling in the gaps challenge, where I came up with a list of 100 books and commit to finishing 75 of them within 5 years. 4.5 years in, I've done 4.5!

Speak
Julie of the Wolves
Whale Talk
We Have Always Lived in the Castle

.5 because I'm in the middle of listening to The Dark is Rising

And then there's my own Guardian Challenge, which has me reading 10 books by February 1.

None so far, but we're going to fix that by next month. Promise.

There's also my goal to read at least 50 of the books I owned but hadn't read as of January 1 by next January 1. I've done 11.

Then there is me trying to finish Anita Silvey's 100 Best Books for Children, of which I had 26 left. I've read 2.5!

Millions of Cats
Julie of the Wolves


The .5 is once again The Dark is Rising

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Millions of cats is one of my favorite books to read to my kids. They love the repitition and the fact that there is violence without violence. And it's an awesome read aloud book. In fact I own many copies! :)