Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mini-Challenge!

Here are my responses for Jessica's mini-challenge.

  1. What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in?
My local branch is the very creatively named "Columbia Pike Library" in Arlington, VA.
  1. How often do you go to the library? If you're a regular, do the staff know you?
Well, see, this is my local library. I work at a different library. I go to the my workplace 5 days a week, so I tend to only go to my local branch when they have something that the system I work for doesn't. Or if there's a long wait for a book at work, but not in Arlington. I probablygo every other month or so. The staff doesn't know me. I'm a quick-in-and-out type of girl, especially as the dog is usually waiting for me outside!
  1. Do you browse while you're there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve?
I might do a quick look-through, but it's usually just to pick up reserves.
  1. What is your favorite thing about your local library?
I can walk there! It's super-close and my favorite coffee shop is on my way home.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it when you have a great route to walk that includes coffee and books! Thanks for sharing!!

Kim L said...

Ooh.. coffee shop and books, that is a great combo. There is a library I used to frequent that had a coffee shop in the library. It was quite nice :-)

Best of luck with the reading!