Friday, June 11, 2010

Bloggiesta check in

Ok, this is just frustrating!

It's hard to accurately track how many blog-posts you've read when more posts keep getting added to your reader. In reality, my "read 1500 blog posts" means "get my google reader back down to 0."

So, I spent an hour reading posts. Yes, it didn't help that I added the bloggiesta feed to my reader. But... all the new posts and the old posts? After an hour, doing the math, it looks like I only read 3. SERIOUSLY. Oiy vey. Ah well. I know that I made a dent and will keep chipping away, slowly but surely.

I did, however, get my google reader organized. I had a lot of new blogs that weren't in folders, so now they're all filed away.

If you're interested, my folders are

Book stuff (my must read round of book blogs)
Book stuff 2 (book blogs I like but aren't "must reads")
China (blogs that cover China or Chinese language)
Friends (blogs written by my friends or people I at least know)
Local (This is a new folder I just created! It's for all my local news/happenings blogs)
Fun (This is for everything that doesn't fit into one of the above catagories.)

So, 1 hour in, I've read 3 blog posts (?!?!?!?!?!?!?) and organized my google reader.

Now, I'm off to run some errands and do something other things that have to get done. I wish I could easily read my google reader on my phone. Maybe I'll try to figure that out... hmmmm...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

check the trends page of your google reader. you can see how many posts you read each day there

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Well, the nice thing is that you can unsubscribe from the Bloggiesta feed after the weekend. That will help the reader! Of course, I hope that you'll have discovered some new friends that I hope you'll add in! Good luck this weekend!