Saturday, July 19, 2008

Music Meme


Radley's trying to start a meme that I love. He'll never tag me, so I'm just stealing it. I'm also changing it.

The original meme is... "So here’s my challenge: Name the five guiltiest, most embarrassing pleasures on your iPod–the songs you secretly, shamefully enjoy when no
one’s around. It should almost hurt revealing to the world that they’re in your collection."

The reasoning being that in the "Hit Shuffle and list the 10 songs that come up" memes, the list is oddly well balanced and shows a lot of street cred.

My meme is to Honestly do the hit shuffle and list 10 songs, and then also to list your 5 super-guilty songs.

My Honest List:

1. Belleville by Bireli Lagrene, from Gypsy Project

2. Waiting 4 U by Bai Kwong from Shanghai Lounge Divas (The original CD, not the remixes. The remixes suck.)

3. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain by Willie Nelson from Vintage Country

4. Ektetina of the Prothesis from the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom by Sergei Rachmoaninov performed by Valery Polyansky and the National Academic Choir of Ukraine, from Rachmaninov: Vespers; Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom

5. Lawyers, Guns, and Money by The Wallflowers from Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon

6. Les cles du Paradis by Jane Birkin from Arabesque

7. L'amour de Moi by Jane Birkin from Arabesque

8. Friend of the Devil by Counting Crows from Films About Ghosts: The Best Of...

9. The First Noel (Attaboy House Party Remix) by Bing Crosby from A Six Degrees Collection: Christmas Remixed - Holiday Classics Re-Grooved

10. Note Olvidire by Pistolera from Siempre Hay Salida

Some comments: I find it really annoying that 2 songs from the same album played right in a row. Especially because I don't really like that album and am not entirely sure why it's on my iPod in the first place. Also, probably 50% of my iPod is from Putumayo CDs. I find it really weird that NONE of the songs played in this 10 song selection.

Now, let the mocking commence.

My guilty pleasures...

1. My iPod has a lot of Wizard Rock. To illustrate, I'm going with Ode to Lav-Lav by Roonil Wazlib. I probably downloaded this from their MySpace page. But some good Wizard Rock Mixes that I have on my iPod are Wizards and Muggles Rock For Social Justice and Wizards and Muggles Rock For Social Justice: Volume Two. Both have their fair share of hits and misses, but... if you like Wrock, check 'em out. I chose this one because of the following lyrics: Oh baby, you know you're pretty fun to snog/But snogging's kinda boring/ And I'm sort of worried that you'll give me an STD... O Lavender Brown, you're going down/ You may be hot, but Hermione's hotter/ I'm the Gryffindor King, you can't share my crown/ Hermione's great and you're just not her... Stop giving me hickeys/ I'm sick of your face and I'm not taking the mickey

2. I Got Nerve by Hannah Montana. This is one of those horrible moments when you're listening to the radio (or, in this case, Pandora) and you hear a song you really like and you get into it and then you find out who sings it and you die a little inside. But the song is your new best friend, just you know, in absolute secret.

3. Rehab Amy Winehouse. I don't know why I'm guilty about this. Maybe because it's so passe. It's so LAST YEAR or something. I still really like it.

4. Girlfriend Avril Lavigne. See Hannah Montana, above on my justification. Amazingly, it took me FOREVER to find that song in English. Apparently Avril has recorded that song in every language imaginable.

5. What I Go To School For Busted. I just like it. We listened to it a lot in Manchester.

Anyway, steal this meme if you feel like admitting your musical shame to the world.

No comments: