Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meme-o-Rama

So, this is going to be an interesting 2 months. I'm taking YA lit right now, and the reading is going to be insane. In a good way, of course, but blogging might be sporadic. On the other hand, expect some more formal reviews as I'll probably just post my homework. Heh.

Anyway, last weekend, Becky tagged me for a meme.

Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I have 80 bajillion books. Most librarians don't have many books at home. They work in a library, so their home doesn't need to be a library. Yeah. Not me.

2. I often pace while I read. I can walk for miles between my front and back doors while reading.

3. I put on my eye make up with both hands. Step by step, I'll start with the brush or implement in my left hand, do my left eye, and then pass it over to my right hand and do my right eye. Then, the next step starts with my left hand and eye again. This is one of the few things I do with my right hand.

4. I like old-fashioned cocktails. Dirty martinis, Manhattans, Gimlets, Apple Jackrabbits. But I will often replace the gin with vodka. In a related note-- there are only 4 types of martinis. Just because you serve it in a martini glass and add "tini" to the end of it does not make it a martini. It's a cocktail. (The 4 types are dry (gin and a little vermouth) wet (gin and more vermouth) vodka (vodka and vermouth) and dirty (martini+ olive brine) )

5. Macaroni and Cheese must be made by Kraft. Preferably with orange powder. A full 1/4 butter must be used. Slightly more than 1/4 milk should be used. The butter should NOT be premelted when making it. The heat of the noodles with melt the butter. When the butter's all gone, then it's as mixed as it's going to be. Also, it tastes better when eaten with a wooden spoon straight from the pot. (This is so true that in high school my sister and I would just carry the pot to the living room and sit and watch TV while both eating out of it.)

6. In pizza and coffee, and many other things, there is a category of "good" and "bad" And there can be bad-good, and good-bad. This is best explained in coffee. There is good coffee. It is high end and roasted in small batches and you know what I mean. There is bad coffee. It is sold at gas stations and diners. They are 2 separate category of beverages. There is good bad coffee (George Webb had the best good bad coffee in high school) There is bad good coffee (Starbucks sells "good" coffee, but when they brew it, it's crap). McDonald's used to have good bad coffee, but then they upgraded to good coffee, but it's bad good coffee. Good bad coffee is ALWAYS preferable to bad good coffee.

Anyway, Tombstone frozen pizza is the best of bad pizza. I think I could eat it for all my meals every day. I LOVE IT.

And now... I tag... Erin, Abby, Dana, Hilary, Molly, and Lauren.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I especially love #1 and #6.