Friday, September 28, 2007

TGIF

It's been a week. That's the only way to describe it. School, work, life-- all conspiring to drive me insane, but! it's soon the weekend and this weekend is the National Book Festival on the Mall here in DC. Are you going? Let me know! We'll hang out!

And, are you a teen? Then Vote for the Teens Top 10 (well, go to the website and see which books to read and then vote October 14-20).

There were 25 books nominated. I've read three of them: Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller (LOVE!), River Secrets by Shannon Hale (LOVE!), and Clay by David Almond, which I'll review at some other point. Not today.

First, a song. Feist is the singer in that new iPod Nano Commercial. This is one of her other songs... I Feel It All.

And, some things I'm lusting after, mainly these. Thanks to The Miss Rumphius Effect for the link.

And! A poem! Because it's Friday!

NUNC DIMITTIS

Little time now
and so much hasn't
been put down as I
should have done it.
But does it matter?
It's all been written
so well by my betters,
and what they wrote
has been my joy.

--James Laughlin

Round-up is here.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'll be there, Jennie! I emailed you.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I need to hang on to this poem. I have a feeling I will be needing it!