Friday, September 30, 2011

Jinx

Jinx Grave Cavendish

Huzzah for Lady Grace.

In this most excellent historical mystery, Grace and the other ladies are off to St. Bartholomew’s fair. While there, a tent burns down, killing a gypsy woman and severely burning Lady Sarah. Unfortunately, the apothecary that the Queen has brought in to treat Lady Sarah is a fraud. Grace knows this, but has to prove it.

An excellent look at health care, race relations, superstitions and omens at Court. Plus, a wonderful mystery story. I especially loved the humor of the Spanish delegation visiting court-- Grace’s complaints about the women and the Queen’s reactions to the men were great.

Love this series so much. I’m sad that the last few were never published in the States and even in England, it looks like publication stopped with Loot. :(

Book Provided by... my wallet

Technically, I'm a Book Depository affiliate, but I never took the time to figure out how to turn it on. Read my full disclosure statement.

No comments: