Saturday, December 19, 2009

SNOWPOCOLYSE!

Or, as they're calling it in twitter-ville, #snOMG

This is what my backyard looks like:



Sassy's doggy water cooler is completely buried. I've curled up with coffee and a book and have no plans to leave my house for a few days.

We've been measuring the snow on our roof top, but had to give up an hour or two ago, because our 14-inch ruler was completely submerged. I've always complained that DC doesn't get enough snow... I've been doing a happy dance all day.

BUT! I must thank Devourer of Books for being a Most Awesome Secret Santa.



YAY!

So, if you are also caught in #snOMG, stay off the roads, have a nice warm beverage, and read a good book! Merry Blizzard!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Awww, I'm so jealous! It's my first winter in several years that I'm not in Chicago, so I'm really missing the snow... Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the snow too!! I live over in Manassas and we have almost 2 feet...it's insane!

Becca said...

Wow! The snow has really piled up! We got about a foot here yesterday in NC. I am waiting to see what the outside of my sister's DC apartment looks like.

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

Yay, I'm glad you like the gifts (and that the last part of your gift finally made it). I have two of those bookmarks and I looooove them, so I hope you enjoy yours!