Friday, December 18, 2009

Poetry Friday

I have a million things that still need doing in every aspect of my life, but I have a long winter vacation ahead of me (over two weeks of annual leave, holidays, and the dreaded furlough which is closing the entire library system between Christmas and New Year.) We're supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow, so I look forward to curling up with some cocoa and taking care of these small tasks so that I can enjoy my vacation/temporary lay-off.

Today's poem is by Oliver Herford, which I discovered through Angela's blog.

I Heard a Bird Sing--

I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
A magical thing
And sweet to remember.

‘We are nearer to Spring
Than we were in September,’
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December.

Round up is over at Susan Writes!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this little poem...also enjoyed Angela's blog. Thanks for sharing both.