Friday, July 17, 2009

In which I admit I'm a corporate shill

Well, in light of Monday's post over at MotherReader, I updated my FAQ and am posting here to make something clear.

I am an Amazon Associate. That means, almost all of my links to books or CDs or other things are linked to Amazon.com. If you click on that link and then buy something (you can buy anything! it doesn't have to be what I linked to!) I get a percentage of the sale.

What percentage I get is based on how many items are purchased every month.

I do this because I like to buy books and movies and music, but I can't buy all that I want, because I also have to pay the mortgage, and starting last month, all my student loans from grad school. Not to mention that my belly demands food on a regular basis.

I don't make a lot of money off this blog, but being an associate allows me to make a little, which allows me to buy a few more books or download a few more songs, which gives me more to review here.

So, I just wanted to be upfront. If you click on a link and buy something, I get a little something in return.

Also, if you like the blog and are looking for a way to support it, next time you make a purchase, please think of clicking through via me. One of my favorite ways to support blogs I like is to use their associate links. That way, I get something I was going to get anyway, and they get a little something in return.

No comments: