Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hour 13.5

Ok, I just finished the new Sisters Grimm book, The Everafter War. Wow.

I'm about to start I Want Candy by Kim Wong Keltner but here's this hour's mini-challenge, the midway survey!

1.What are you reading right now?

I'm about to start I Want Candy

2. How many books have you read so far?

3 full books, about 200 pages of 2 other books.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I don't know what I'm going to read. I have a huge stack and am just picking through them as the mood strikes. No idea which ones I'm going to choose.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

As much as I love Read-a-thon, I wasn't about to cancel my vacation or end it early! So, my entire day wasn't free. Luckily reading is easy to do on airplanes and in gate areas. And, as I had to grab my checked luggage to take it through customs, I even got to switch out which books were in my carry-on.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

All my interruptions have been travel related (time to get off the plan! time to get on the plane!) I didn't really have a choice, so I just kinda went with them.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Well, this is far from my first one. So nothing so far.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nothing is coming to mind...

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I would plan my books better. I usually do plan my read-a-thon books, but with me being gone all week, the new system at work, and the piles and piles of required reading to do as well as an absurd number of books that need to be returned to the library, that just wasn't going to happen this time around.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Right now, I am 5 hours behind GMT, but when I woke up this morning, I was an hour ahead of it. I'm not entirely sure what day it is. Jetlag, however, seems to be working in my favor or something? I don't know. I'm just going with it.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Music to dance to!

7 comments:

Eva said...

I love flying, because it gives me so much time to read! :D I'm glad you had a safe trip!

Care said...

I love that jetlag is working in your favor! Use it to your advantage and happy reading!!

Sally said...

Reading on a plane makes the trip SO MUCH more enjoyable! Good for you! You have read quite a bit!

Anonymous said...

I totally want some music to dance to!

Anonymous said...

Keep reading! I'm cheerleading for you!

Staci said...

You're doing great!!

Tara said...

REading is the best thing about traveling! You're doing great!