Tuesday, January 24, 2006

BUY THIS BOOK!



Seriously, BUY THIS BOOK NOW. I haven't read it yet, but Doug Cutchins and Anne Geissinger are awesome people who know what they're talking about when it comes to this stuff. They both have helped me loads in preparing my personal global adventures. Plus, they're just good people. And my friends. BUY THEIR BOOK!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, this afternoon I read The Report Cardby Andrew Clements. It was a good story for 4th-7th graders that managed to not be preachy but still deal seriously with the amount of pressure kids get today about grades and standardized test scores. I liked how they tried to change the world, but didn't (because really? that's just not realistic) but still managed to make a point on a local level (which is realistic).

No comments: