Monday, November 09, 2009

You're Invited!



I promised you a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today, and here it is!:

One month from today, on December 9th, Biblio File is turning 5 years old! So, I think a party is in order, don't you agree?*

In the beginning, I thought this would be a reading journal, where I would more actively talk about books as I was reading them, but that only happened in the early months. I took the last half of 2005 off. I didn't start actively trying to blog every book I read until 2006 (although I did try to review everything I read in 2005) which is 2 months after starting the job I still have. I found the book blogging community. I grew as a reviewer. I moved from Michigan to Maryland to Virginia. I bought a house and adopted a dog. I started and finished library school. I've made great friends and have read some absolutely wonderful books.

SO LET'S PARTY!

The details are simple:

On the weekend before my blog birthday (Friday, December 4th- Monday, December 7th) find five hours to read a book you want to read in one of your favorite reading spots.

(1)They should be consecutive hours
(2)You need to read it someplace you love reading. If it's the hammock (if you live someplace warm) or curled up on your couch or in the tub (but maybe not for all 5 hours-- the water will get cold) or the local coffee shop... pick one of your favorite reading spots for this!
(3)Practice your other favorite reading rituals-- do you love to curl up with a cup of tea? You better do it then!
(4)You can only read something you WANT to read-- not something you HAVE to read. No catching up on ARCS or Cybils reading (unless there's a title in those stacks you've been saving.)
(5) When you're all done, blog about it. Tell us where you read and what you read. If you don't have a blog, don't fret! You can tell us all about it in the comments section.

It's a good time to take a break just for you as the holiday madness gets ramped up.

AND! It's not a party without presents, right? But the presents are going to you! Lots of presents to be drawn randomly from everyone who comes to the party (as evidenced by the wrap-up post. I'll have a Mr. Linky up that weekend.) No need to sign up before hand, but I'm telling you now so you can clear your calendar!

Tell your friends, because everyone's invited.

*Sadly, you'll have to supply your own cake. And yes, I know that picture is from my 3rd birthday and not my 5th...

3 comments:

DougWheeler said...

You say its your birthday! Da da da da da dat dum!

Happy 5 Biblio File!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the coolest party I've ever been to! :) I'll have to see if I can make it because that weekend it's Sinterklaas -- yes, that's our national (Dutch) festivity which was the example for Santa Claus!

Anyway: congratulations are in order! :))

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Congrats! This is a great idea and it'll give me a reason to read all those holiday books I've been checking out from the library.