Thursday, November 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

Today's Booking Through Thursday question is...

Do you read everything all the way through or do you feel life really is too short to read bad books?

Well, I do believe that life is too short to read bad books. When I'm helping kids find books, I always make them check out 3. This does more than help our circ stats. I tell them "Life's too short to read bad books. Take three, because that way if you don't like one, you're not stuck with reading it."

That said... I'll sometimes put down a boring book (if it's not required reading) but I'll rarely put down a bad one. It's like really bad TV, I get sucked into the horribleness and I can't turn away. Even if a book is boring though, it's hard for me to admit that I don't want to read it and put it down. It's like being mean to the book, and you shouldn't be mean to books!

1 comment:

pussreboots said...

I'll sometimes read a "bad" book for the train wreck entertainment value. My post is here.