Saturday, May 17, 2008

Still Sunny

Ok, so, Blogger time is about 3 hours previous to Jennie time. Often, I change the time in "post options" to reflect Jennie time. Once in awhile, Blogger decides that it's going to not post my post until it is that time in Blogger time. WTF?! I mean, this would make sense if it happened ON A REGULAR BASIS, but it's totally random! I don't get it! Little help?

Also, do you know how weird it is to be in your late 20s? IT'S WEIRD. Not in a bad way, but in the sense that Dan's birthday was on Wednesday and I couldn't decide if I should get him Grand Theft Auto IV or curtains. He wanted both equally. RockStar games made the decision for me when it decided our PlayStation2 is unworthy and so we don't have a way to play GTA. Oooo curtains...

Also, I'm going to pretend I was tagged for the 5 things about me meme. Enough people tagged "who ever wants to play" so, um, yeah.

The rules of the meme get posted at the beginning. Each person answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the blogger then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

Living in England, working as a marketing assistant at The Bridgewater Hall. Dan was in grad school. We lived with a bunch of his friends (who became my friends) in a house with 6 people, 5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and 1 phone line. By this time, I was preparing to move back home in June to live with my parents before heading out to Michigan in the fall for grad school. I miss Manchester every time I smell curry on a rainy day.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
  • Review a ton of books.
  • Get ready for the Summer Reading promotional school visit on Tuesday morning.
  • Add my new books to LibraryThing.
  • Walk the puppy dog.
  • Clean the guest room.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
  • Popcorn
  • any type of berry
  • Cheese curds
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Gummy bears
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
  • Pay off my student loans. And Dan's. And my sister's.
  • Pay off the mortgage.
  • Make sure my retirement was covered. (And Dan's)
  • Give my parents enough money that they could retire early.
  • Spend the rest of my life exploring the book stores and coffee shops of the world.
What are five of your bad habits?
  • I'm mean.
  • I don't work out.
  • I'm really messy.
  • I have a hard time sticking to my budget.
  • I do things at the last minute.
What are five places where you have lived?
  • Appleton, WI
  • Grinnell, IA
  • Nanjing, China
  • Manchester, England
  • Ann Arbor, MI
What are five jobs you’ve had?
  • Travel agent at a call center--night shift
  • Air-show food stand manager (we sold tacos and hot dogs)
  • Knitting teacher
  • Theater Department costume shop stitcher
  • Illegal English teacher (in that I taught illegally, not that my English was illegal)
What five people do you want to tag?

Has no one tagged you yet? Are you feeling totally left out like I was? Then this one is for you!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Blogger decided to allow people to schedule their posts. So if you set the date or time ahead yourself and click "publish" then it will be appear as "scheduled" on your list of posts. When the time comes, it appears all on it's own.

You could try changing your time zone. Under settings, it's "formatting" and it's the fifth thing down.

Or else you could publish the post first (without changing the time) then right after you've published it you could edit it again and make those changes to the time.When you click publish again...it will reflect the new time...but still appear right then. I don't know why this tricks it, but it does.

Jennie said...

Thanks Becky!!! I know Blogger used to do that a few years ago, but then they weren't so I was confused. It's all worked out now.

Susan said...

*sigh* to be in one's late 20s...I only have a few months left. I know what you mean though...the pull between being young, fun, and cool and the call to maturity and mortgage payments, etc.

We have a friend in town who brought his ps3...so I've been enjoying an immature weekend of GTA4. I'm vicious and will run anyone down, so watch out!

your tag game seems rather amusing, too bad i don't blog myself to play :) perhaps finding time to blog is another conundrum of being almost-30? i barely find the time to comment on other blogs :)