Wednesday, April 16, 2008

'Cuz I love the way you say good morning, and you take me the way I am

My friend Elizabeth is going to the concert with me.

There was a Harry and the Potters CD at my local Borders.

For some reason Goodreads has automatically made me Goodreads friends with all my my Facebook friends who are also on Goodreads. I don't know why it did this, but I don't think I'm complaining.

So, I'm about to admit something horribly and terribly embarrassing. I claim to be an avid reader of YA lit, and, yet...

I just read my first Laurie Halse Anderson book.

Yes, I know. Bad Jennie.


Twisted Laurie Halse Anderson

Tyler has always been the geeky boy everyone picked on. Then, in an attempt to go down in a blaze of glory, he spray painted the school... and got caught. He spent his summer doing manual labor as part of his community service. Such a summer made him hottttttt

Suddenly, the goddess of his dream, Bethany Miller, is hanging out with him.

He's a little dangerous, he's studly.

His dad's a jackass and school's too hard and he has a lot of anger.

Then, at a party he shouldn't be at because of his parole, Bethany is wasted and all over him. Tyler wants this, but not like this. The next day, topless photos of Bethany with the caption "slut" appear on the internet. Everyone thinks Tyler did it. Nothing he does can make this right.

Fast moving and tense, Tyler's voice is spot-on. Although, parts of the ending weren't as true as the rest of the book, which was a little jarring.

No comments: