Sunday, August 05, 2007

I always cry at weddings...

I always laugh at funerals.

Was that Homer Simpson? I think so. Anyway, I went to a wedding last night in my hometown. One of the other guests was my 8th grade science teacher and junior high homeroom teacher.

Wow, Jennie that's really exciting.

It is actually, because guess who said teacher was? Connie Roop! As in co-author of such books as Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie and Buttons for General Washington and 100 or so more books for children.

And no one ever believes me that I know her, let alone she once threatened my friend Caroline and me with detention if we didn't start doing... I can't remember. Knowing Caroline though, we probably deserved it.

The wedding was lovely. And I'm still in Wisconsin gorging on super-fresh cheese curds and hanging out with my family.

No comments: