Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kiddie Lit



Yesterday I finished Ursula K. LeGuin's fantasy classic, A Wizard of Earthsea

It was... OK. I'm not going to read the others in the Earthsea cycle. It was well-written and I can see why people love it, but I'm not a big fantasy reader and I either find it "meh" or completely geek out to it (like I have to Star Warsand Harry Potter)

Speaking of, Goblet of FireDVD comes out two weeks from yesterday. Yay!





I also read Gail Carson Levine's The Princess Tales, Volume I and Volume 2

These are six retold fairy tales that are along the same lines as Ella Enchantedbut not as well developed (being that they're significantly shorter-- 3 tales in fewer pages) but fun nonetheless. There is a lineage to all the tales as well-- all dealing with different generations of the same royal family in the kingdom of Biddle and the same village of Snettering-on-Snoakes. All six are also available in individual books.

No comments: