Saturday, December 01, 2007

DEATH NOTE

As part of me catching up on things, there are going to be a lot of short one-book reviews with not a lot of me babbling before them...


Death Note, Volume 8: Flight Tsugumi Ohba

So, we have a battle of the wills between Light, Near, and Mello. I can't say much because we're really deep into the series. So, a few things
1. Light's a jerk.
2. Mello looks like a girl, and it would be cooler if he was because all the other girls in this series suck.
3. I hope light kills Misa, because then I won't have to deal with her anymore. He'll probably do it soon, because, well, see point 1.

The library has volumes 9,10,11, and 12 on order. I'm getting antsy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

ahhh. you know how i feel about death note. love it. it gets a tad bit slow in the middle of the series, but starts to pick up again around v 10, if i remember correctly? it is all a blur. volume 12 (final) was great. i love it. i hear that v 13 is coming out next year, which will be an explanation of v 12.

i've been reading Cantarella again lately, now that my library picked up 7 and 8. now waiting for 9 and 10. love the artwork, such pretty boys. and who doesn't love good Italian Renaissance values like demon possession, incest, murder, and boy crushes. ha.

if you are looking for more manga, you have to read Nana - it's about two girls named Nana who are roommates - one is in a punk band and the other a groupie that seems to need a boyfriend at all times to have an identity.

Jennie said...

I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for volumes 9-12. Luckily, manga reads pretty quickly so I don't mind wading through the tedious volumes so I can get back to the "good" ones!

I'll have to check out those other ones too. Have you read "Emma"? I've heard good things about it and the sample pages I've read look cool, but we don't have it.