Thursday, January 03, 2008

Death by Notebook

Ok, so I spent the first part of New Year's Eve (in that lull between when you're throwing a party and the house is clean and the food is out and you're all gussied up but no one has showed up yet) and New Year's Day reading the rest of the Death Note series.

Also, I've updated the Biblio File store with my list of what's coming out very shortly that I can't wait for.

There are also a few things that don't have pictures that are coming out later this spring and this summer that I can't wait for... things such as...

Fables Volume 10: The Good Prince Bill Willingham
Jack of Fables, volume 3 Bill Willingham
The Sisters Grimm Book 6: Tales From the Hood Michael Buckley
Stop in the Name of Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson) Louise Rennison
And! A the first volume in a new series by Jasper Fforde, Shades of Grey

But, until then, let's see what's going on with Light and Near and Mello and the gang...

Here's a review for all of them: If you like the series, you gotta see how it ends. Read up.


Death Note, Volume 9: Contact Tsugumi Ohba

Near knows. He knows L is Light and Light is Kira. Mello's closing in on both of them. Near does everything he can to so doubt among the task force. And he's succeeding... meanwhile, Sakura TV is the new spokesman for Kira... and doing a disgusting job of it.

Also, can I just say, yes Light's a jerk, but Mello and Near are creepy. Even creepier than the original L was. They give me the willies.


Death Note, Volume 10: Deletion Tsugumi Ohba

Light has passed the notebook on and his successor loves deleting those who are evil. Delete delete delete. In order to stay in contact, Light decides it's time to pay an old school friend a visit, and maybe give Misa Misa a rest from the romance for awhile...

I just like the delete delete delete has Teru writes down new names.

Delete delete delete


Death Note, Volume 11: Kindred Spirit Tsugumi Ohba

The investigation moves back to Japan. Near knows Light's the guy, but wants to expose him and rub his face in the evidence. Everyone has a complicated plan set into motion, and the opening shots are being fired. Who will be the first to blink?


Death Note, Volume 12: Finis Tsugumi Ohba

All done. A satisfying end to a satisfying series, but I could have done with a little less of the "is Kira good or bad, what is evil" philosophical discussions...

2 comments:

Susan said...

In Kira's name we pray, Amen. eheh. All hail Death Note!! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to read the Death Note mangas. I plan on at least starting this year and as they are short reads I should get most of them read *fingers crossed* My husband pinched them and read them first and it's a good sign he finished that he read the whole series!

I am loving Fables so far and will look out for 10 and Jack 3. The Sisters Grimm sounds interesting, I love fairy tales so will check it out online and see what reviews are like.