Friday, March 16, 2007

Poetry Friday

I'm going to pretend I'm one of the cool kids and participate in Poetry Friday. (Speaking of being a Cool Kid, check out Educating Alice's post about blog cliques and also the discussion over at Fuse #8.)

I'll admit it. I want to be a cool kid. I want to be a lit blogger star. I also want to be rich and thin. There are steps I can take to be all of these things. But I'll continue to watch TV while eating stupidly expensive cheese instead of blogging. I'll admit it.

Jennie, you say, shut up. We just want the poem.

Here's a poem I wrote freshman year of college. The irony, of course, being, that I let my alarm clock do the same thing.

Ode To My Roommate: Monday Morning, 7am (a haiku)

Your damn alarm clock!
Like a pink bunny, it just keeps
Going and going.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hah! I would have been your roommate, I'm afraid.

You are a cool kid! Everyone is. Make sure you leave your link over at A chair, a fireplace and a tea cozy so Liz can find you.

I'm glad to have found your blog.

Liz B said...

Done & added.